An Ode to Our Daughter

On the 25th day of November last year, you came into our lives,


Mother and I were together, in the Operating Theatre.

I was a bundle of nerves, but your mother was full of verve,

We both waited in anxious expectation that you would appear,

A snip here, a cut there, and suddenly there you were.

You weighed 3.18, and you did not come too late,

You cried a little but not too much, I was the first to carry you wrapped in my arms,

And life was as complete as it could be,

For by God’s Grace and Generosity, we became a family of three,

Our first born, Ashley, how much we love thee.

Comments

  1. Very touching in deed, Stanley.

    Ashley is the luckiest child in this world to have you , such a loving dad!

    and of course Candace,
    who will sacrifice anything for her daughter, Ashley.

    My love

    kum mo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts